The RBCF will consider supporting projects and initiatives that meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Are directly related to the Foundation’s priorities and areas of interests: Community Service, Health and Human Services, Youth Programs, Cultural Programs, and Education
- Include a strategy for leveraging other resources and support from the region
- Produce cost-effective results that can be measured and evaluated
- Encourage cooperation and collaboration with the efforts of others
- Advance strategies that will address recognized needs
- Demonstrate an ability to be sustainable or to obtain future funding if needed
Eligibility for Grants
- Individuals (in the case of scholarships the payment is made directly to the school)
- Private foundations under 509(a)
- Private operating foundation under 4924(j)(3)
- Exempt operation foundation under section 4940(d)
- Public charity under sections 509(a)(1) and 509(a)(2)
- Supporting organizations under section 509(a)(3)
- Domestic or foreign government or instrumentality
Attachments and Supporting Documentation
Specific attachments and supporting documentation are required as part of this application. This application will be considered incomplete and will not be reviewed without all required attachments.
- Copy of IRS determination letter confirming tax-exempt status as a 501(c)(3) organization and/or a 509(a).
- Mission statement on your organization’s letterhead.
- 1-2 page summary of your organization and the program in need of funding.
Ineligible Organizations and Requests
The RBCF does not support the following types of organizations and requests even if an applicant meets all other eligibility and grant-making criteria above:
- Fraternal, labor and political organizations
- Lobbying groups, activism or community organizing
- Conferences, seminars, panel discussions or trips
- Staff costs/salaries/benefits or internship stipends
- Third parties raising funds for a charity
- Programs, agencies and communities outside of our geographic footprint
Grant requests under $5,000 will be reviewed monthly. Larger grant requests will be reviewed quarterly. If your grant request is time sensitive please submit 60 days prior to the date the funds are needed to ensure we have adequate time to review and respond to your request.
Proposal Submission and Contact Information
Please contact the Foundation at email@example.com or at P.O. Box 2376, Vernon, CT 06606. Requests must be submitted online. Proposals and required attachments should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.